BRINGS OLD FURNITURE BACK TO LIFE
PRESERVES THE FINISH OF ANTIQUE WOOD
REVIVES AND PROTECTS ALL TYPES OF WOOD FINISHES
This beeswax polishing kit contains everything you need to polish and protect the finish of your wood furniture:
- Your selected 125ml jar of Gilboy's Gold beeswax furniture polish
- 1.2 metres of our antique restorers' recommended oil-free wire wool
- 2 large lengths of our antique restorers' recommended polishing cloth
- A 'Gilded bee' pure Dartmoor beeswax scratch repair cube matched to your chosen polish
- A complimentary box of sweet-pea seeds for you to grow as a 'thank you' to the bees
- Return & Refill: Hold on to our special recyclable packaging and use it again to return your empty jar for a 25% discounted refill
Made in the UK from the highest quality natural waxes to bring out the shine and protect your furniture:
- 100% natural ingredients
- Humanely-harvested organic beeswax from Buckfast Abbey
- The finest T1-grade natural carnauba wax
- Natural myrica wax, Japan wax and berry wax
- Pure pine gum spirits of turpentine
- No white/mineral spirit, no toluene, no silicone or petrochemical solvents
Clip-top Le ParfaitTM jar with air-tight seal
- 100% Plastic-free recyclable packaging made with recycled cardboard from FSC approved sources
We have developed our beeswax furniture polish to such a fine blend that you don't necessarily have to polish again for at least a year and possibly up to three years.
Pure Gold is a clear beeswax polish ideal for wooden furniture made of Ash, Beech, Maple, Light Oak and Pine.
Rose Gold is a medium shade beeswax polish specially formulated for use on Rosewood, Light Mahogany, Cherry, and Honey Oak furniture or similar coloured woods.
Antique Gold is a dark beeswax polish designed for use on dark and antique woods such as Antique Oak, Mahogany, Walnut, Elm or similar dark coloured woods.
HOW TO POLISH WITH BEESWAX
- Use a soft cloth or very fine 0000 wire wool
- With gentle pressure spread the polish evenly over the surface in the direction of the grain, being careful not to over apply and avoid any upholstered areas. Once applied the surface area should look matt in appearance
- Allow the pure pine turpentine to completely evaporate and the wax to harden
- Use a soft buffing cloth to buff the wax to a deep and lustrous shine
Weekly furniture maintenance of removing dust can be done by simply using a slightly damp cloth and drying if needed with a clean dry cloth - beeswax polish will protect the surface for a very long time.
If you have a larger surface like the side of a chest of drawers or the top of a dining table apply the beeswax more evenly by dabbing the surface all over with small amounts of polish and then wipe in the direction of the grain to spread the wax evenly.
*SECRET TRADE TIP:
For carved relief areas such as an antique coffer, you can also apply beeswax furniture polish with a cheap 1 inch trimmed paint brush. It makes applying the beeswax much easier and allows the polish to get right into those dusty and hard to reach areas. Buff it 20 to 30 minutes later with the soft shoe brush and buffing cloth.
HOW TO GET THE BEST RESULTS FROM YOUR BEESWAX POLISH